Unicorn party ideas
Transport your guests to a magical land full of rainbows and unicorns, with these unicorn party ideas!
Unicorn & Rainbow party food
- Eat a rainbow with some rainbow fruit skewers
- Delight your guests with these Cute Unicorn cupcakes
- Or make some magical Unicorn yogurt bark, for a healthier alternative
- Or how about a Rainbow Unicorn Dip
For more Unicorn party food ideas take a look at my Unicorn Party Pinterest Board
Unicorn party activities
You can buy a Squidgydoodle unicorn party kit, to save you time and reduce your party costs. A party box takes away the hassle of designing your own party activities, yet still cuts out the high cost of hiring an entertainer. Your child and their friends will become unicorns for the day and discover the Land of Unicorns, where it rains rainbow rain! They’ll be drip painting, scrape painting and holding a rainbow of colours in their hands, as they search for hidden treasure in rainbow slime!
You also receive all the materials that you need to complete the arty activities and unicorn themed party game ideas. If that’s not convinced you, maybe the printable invitation and thank you notelets that are included will? You could also buy a Squidgydoodle T-shirt for the party child to decorate whilst you’re setting everything up.
Unicorn party games
Unicorn horn and tail tag
The children line up and hold hands. Create a horn and tail or just tell the person at the beginning of the line that they are the unicorn horn. The person at the end of the line is the tail. The head of the unicorn has to try to catch it’s own tail. The children cannot let go of each other’s hands. If the head catches the tail, the person in front becomes the tail and the next person in line is the head.
One player is the unicorn catcher and they stand in the middle of the room. Before the game starts give the other kids (unicorns) a colour that they will answer to when called. The catcher shouts out a rainbow colour, then the children who have been given that colour fly past the catcher without being tagged. After players are caught they help the catcher to tag unicorns. The catcher can sometimes shout ‘Rainbow’ too. If they do, all the players have to fly past the catcher together without being tagged.
Pin the horn on the unicorn
Draw a unicorn without a horn. Cut out a horn shape. Each child takes a turn to be blindfolded and pins the horn on the unicorn. The nearest to the correct spot wins.
Unicorn party decorations
- Create a very impressive and colourful rainbow balloon arch
- Make a large photo frame from card and decorate it with handmade paper flowers, for your little unicorns to stand behind for their photos to be taken. If you buy the Squidgydoodle unicorn party box your child and their friends can make unicorn crowns to wear for the photo.
- Create rainbow tissue paper pom poms.
- Cut large cloud shapes from card and hang rainbow coloured streamers from them.
- Create the wow factor on a budget by decorating with rainbow coloured crepe streamers
I hope you like these unicorn party ideas. If you’ve run a unicorn party before, or have any other unicorn party ideas I’d love to hear about them, so please comment below.