Can your child and their friends’ save the day with a Super Hero Party?
Super hero party food
I love this spider pizza which would be great if you have a spider-man fan!
These superhero layered drinks look fab too!
Or how about some chicken wings as bat wings?
Or superhero themed fruit skewers, as a healthy option. Just pick your child’s favourite character and use their signature colours as inspiration e.g. Strawberries (red) and blueberries (blue) for Superman, pineapple (yellow) and blackberries (black) for Batman, green and black grapes for the Incredible Hulk, strawberries (red) and pineapple (yellow) for Iron Man.
Super hero party decorations
- Create a superhero background by painting or wrapping cardboard boxes to look like buildings. You could paint them black with yellow windows, or go for bright colours like blue, red and yellow, with black squares for windows. Use boxes of different heights to create a city skyline, with skyscrapers. You can often get free cardboard boxes from supermarkets or DIY shops.
- Create pinwheels or tissue paper pom-poms and add POW, BAM signs to them.
- Theme your decorations, balloon, streamer colours to your child’s favourite superhero signature colours.
- Make a wall of bats by cutting out black paper bat shapes. Curl the edges of their wings up and stick them to the walls, so that their wings are sticking out slightly.
- Or hang the bats from a branch, to create a bat like chandelier!
- Make spiders webs out of bin bags.
- You could fold bat napkins with this tutorial.
Super hero party activities
If you buy a Squidgydoodle Super Hero Party Box your child and their friend can become super heroes for the day! They’ll each make a superhero mask, then take on the task of capturing the evil villain! He has trapped everyone in slime! They’ll work together to bash the baddie, with some highly entertaining splat painting! No super hero adventure is complete without some POW! BAM! signs too. Do you think they’ll save the day?
The Super Hero Party Box includes everything you need to complete the activities, so you don’t have to worry about sourcing the materials. It also includes themed party game ideas, clear activity instruction cards, table/floor coverings to make the tidy-up simple and thank you notelets for afterwards. You also receive a printable party invitation when you place your order.
Find out more about how a party box works.
Super hero obstacle course
Test your super powers with a super hero obstacle course!
- Climb through a hoop of fire (hula hoop with red and orange fabric strips tied to it)
- Crawl through a tunnel.
- Can you make it across to the building where everyone is trapped by balancing along a beam?
- Crawl over and under laser beams (string tied between chairs/tables)
- Kick the wall down to create an escape route (boxes covered in red paper and stacked up to look like a wall)
Kryptonite hot potato
Explain that kryptonite is Superman’s weakness. Everyone sits in a circle and passes around some green scrunched up paper as fast as possible whilst music is playing. When the music is stopped the person holding the ‘kryptonite’ is powerless and is out. Keep going until only 1 person is left. They are the winner.
Super hero face painting
Superhero parties are a brilliant face-painting opportunity! Here are some tutorials for popular superheroes.
Super hero favor / party bag filler
If you want to avoid the usual plastic toys that you often find in party bags you could give everyone a Squidgydoodle Super Hero Mini Craft Kit. Discounts are available for bulk purchase.
I hope you like these Super Hero party ideas. If you’ve run a Super Hero party before, or have any other Super Hero party ideas I’d love to hear about them, so please comment below.