I was nominated by Emma at Happy Family Hub for the Sunshine Blogger Award. The Sunshine Blogger Award is given out by bloggers to fellow bloggers who write about positive, happy and inspiring content. It provides a good outlet to find out more about the voice behind the blog and also discover new ones to read!
It’s lovely to be nominated for an award like this. I often speak to adults who say that they’re not creative, or can’t draw. I believe that everyone has creativity within them and that we have a role in nurturing the creativity of children. I’m really passionate about giving parents, grandparents and carers the tools to inspire children’s creativity through fun activities.
You wake up on a desert island – what three things would you take with you?
If I could take my family I would take them. I’m sure that my kids would be able to shout for help as their voices can definitely travel across oceans!
If I had to take things they would be
- A fishing net – Don’t get me wrong, I’m not an avid fisher, I just figure I need to eat.
- Matches – I’ve never mastered the art of stick rubbing!
- A sketchbook/pens – I love drawing, writing and designing. Squidgydoodle craft and party boxes are designed by me, so at least I would be able to work from the desert island! There are worse places to hot-desk from!
What would you sing at karaoke if you HAD to pick one song?
I would never sing at a karaoke! I would have to make a run for it!
Do you have any bad habits?
Yes, lots. My worst one is being utterly exhausted, but then checking my phone before I go to bed…2 hours later…
Who would play you in a movie of your life?
I had to ask my partner this one, as my knowledge of actresses is appalling! He said “Katharine Hepburn, because she was a strong independent, attractive woman in control of her life” It’s possibly one of the nicest things he’s ever said to me, so I’m going to take that compliment and hold onto it tight!
If you were going to die tomorrow, what would you choose as your last three-course meal and why?
My favourite meal by far is my Mum’s Christmas dinner. It’s amazing! It ends up being three courses as I always go back for more. My favourite pudding is her lemon cheesecake. She doesn’t make it any more, so Mum, if you’re reading this…
What is your biggest fear?
Something bad happening to my kids. No explanation needed, this is every parents’ worst nightmare.
Do you wish you could change your blog name?
You are tasked with saving the world, your partner is a character from the last thing you watched – who is helping you and will it be successful?
We’re addicted to ‘The Blacklist’ so it would be Raymond Reddington, one of the FBI’s most wanted criminals. He seems to be able to get himself and anyone he chooses to help, out of the most desperate of situations. So despite not being my first choice of partner we’d definitely save the world, as long as I didn’t upset him!
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
My partner putting dirty crockery on the side, when the dishwasher is empty!
Who is your hero?
I don’t have a specific hero. I’m inspired by people who are passionate, ambitious and driven. It doesn’t matter what they’re passionate about, or what their goals are. I just love seeing the excitement in someone’s eyes when they talk about something they love. I respect them for taking action and following their dreams. I get caught up in the buzz and it inspires me too.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years time I’ll have one child in secondary school and another heading towards the end of primary school. I love travelling, so I’m looking forward to being able to have more adventurous holidays, where we immerse ourselves in the culture of a country, volunteer, or try some extreme sports!
In 5 years I will have expanded Squidgydoodle, making a difference to more children, by encouraging their creativity. A proportion of Squidgydoodle profits will be supporting a charity to help meet their aims.
Do you have any party tricks?
I can touch my nose with my tongue. That’s about it!
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Now it is time to pass the love along.
My sunshine blogger award nominations
I now nominate the following inspiring bloggers to receive the Sunshine Blogger Award and blog their responses:
Claire from The Ladybirds’ Adventures. Claire’s blog is full of positivity, she even created the #mycolourfulkids over on Instagram. She writes about days out, holidays, kids activities and books.
Jenni from The Bear & The Fox. Jenni shares family friendly recipes, craft ideas, travel tips and book reviews.
Jemma from Thimble and Twig. Jemma shares family adventures, crafts, baking ideas and home decor ideas.
Jo from Cup of Toast. Jo talks about life in general, recipes and things to do with children.
Take a look at their blogs and don’t forget to share the love with some likes, comments or shares.
Sunshine blogger nominees:
Once nominated, if you choose to accept, you should
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers and give them questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees through social media or commenting on their blog.
- List the ‘rules’ and display a Sunshine Blogger Award image in your post.
Here are my questions for you:
1. What is your favourite part about blogging?
2. What would you ask for if the answer was ‘Yes’?
3. Savory or sweet? Give an example of the perfect snack
4. How do you encourage your child/children to be creative?
5. What’s your favourite post you’ve written?
6. If you had the chance to live your dream – where would you be and what would you do?
7. What would your best friend tell me about you?
8. If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
9. Glitter – love it or hate it?
10.What’s your perfect day?
I look forward to reading everyone’s responses!