Do you have a tradition of giving a Christmas Eve Box to your children? What do you put in your Christmas Eve Box?
Christmas Eve in our house is full of the excitement and anticipation of what’s to come. The Christmas songs are playing, the lights are twinkling on the Christmas tree…which is laden down with kid made Christmas decorations!
Christmas presents surround the tree, with the dog’s ones usually kept in a safe place! She’s a chocolate labrador and can’t be trusted with food! My partner has learnt how to make mulled wine, so I’m sure that we’ll be enjoying that this year, whilst doing some last minute wrapping.
After the blogger Southern Mummy suggested it, I’ve promised my kids that they can have a Winter Wonderland Craft Box each as their Christmas Eve Box. They’re excited about the fake snow and about shaking themselves a snowstorm using the box!
“A perfect present for Xmas or your child’s Xmas Eve Box” – Southern Mummy Blogger
I love the Christmas Eve crates you can buy now. You could get one from Hobbycraft and get the kids to help you decorate it.
What to put in your Christmas Eve Box:
- Winter Wonderland Craft Box
- Hot chocolate – You could buy a pre-made mix or make your own. My kids would love this Unicorn hot chocolate recipe from BBC Good Food
- Mug – you could get the kids to make themselves marbled mugs
- Christmas book – I adore ‘One Stormy Winter’ by author and illustrator Maia Walczak. I’ve bought it for my kids.
- Christmas movie
- New slippers – I bought my kids Stompeez last year. They’re great fun, as the ears move up and down as they walk!
- Reindeer food
- Santa’s magic key
- Personalised Santa plate
- Chocolate or sweets – I’ve ordered some yummy chocolates from Prescotts Chocolate.
If you buy a Winter Wonderland Craft Box for your Christmas Eve Box, don’t forget to tag @squidgydoodle in any photos you take. I’d love to see your kids getting into the festive mood!